This chocolate cake I made it for Neneh, my friends daughter.I learnt it from my teacher Manju Mathew, thank you for the recipe Manju.
- 90 grms butter (soften)
- 1/2 c + 1/3 c powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp soda pwd
- 1/4 tsp red color
- 1 cup flour (maida)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/ 3 cup cocoa pwd
- 1tsp coffee pwd
- 1/4 c water
- 1/4 c milk
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Pre heat oven 180 degree C.
- Grease 7 " baking pan, line with parchment paper.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and keep aside.
- Mix milk,water and coffee powder in a bowl and keep aside.
- Beat egg, vanilla ,soda powder and color well and keep aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy, add the egg mixture little at a time, till well combined.
- Fold in flour mixture and the milk mixture in two to three batches.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and place it in the oven and bake at 180 degree C for 40 minutes or when inserted with a toothpick it comes out clean.
- let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- Chocolate frosting : Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. stir until smooth.
- remove from the water and add the icing sugar.
- let the frosting cool, keep stirring while cooling. Pour over the cake and let it set.
- serve with vanilla ice cream.