I stole this recipe from http://www.chefinyou.com/ who got this recipe from Tarla Dalal. Hope the chain continues.(and please don't sue me , i can't afford it :)
you can also use canned mango pulp,but cut down on the sugar.
- Place a non stick pan on medium flame,combine milk,sugar,condensed milk and milk powder(I used Nestle everyday whitener).
- Bring to boil and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. The milk will thicken a little.
- Take off the flame and let it cool completely.
- Once the mixture is cooled add mango pulp and mix till well combined.If there are lumps pass it through a strainer.
- Pour this mixture into Kulfi moulds or any freezer safe container and let it freeze for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove the kulfi moulds from the freezer and place it under running water to release the kufi from the moulds.(when the kulfi is half set you can insert ice cream sticks if you have any)
- perfect to beat the summer heat