- 1/2 kg bhindi (lady finger)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- pinch hing
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves for garnish
- Crush ginger,garlic and green chilli to a coarse paste.
- Add red chilli powder,coriander powder and cumin powder to the coconut and mix well,or grind for few seconds.Keep this aside.
- Clean ,pat dry and chop bhindi and keep aside.
- Place a pan on medium high flame,add oil,when oil is hot add ginger.garlic and green chilli paste and fry for a minute,add hing,now add the chopped bhindi and stir till the stickiness disappears.
- Add salt.When bhindi is almost cooked add the coconut masala .Stir for a minute and cover and cook till the bhindi is done.
- garnish with coriander leaves.