I have 3 amazing Aunts who are unique in their own way. Babli Aunty is the innovative cook of our family....she can make an amazing dish out of nothing..... Sharmila Aunty is the North Indian food specialist and last but not least my Babu Aunty, I feel I am more like her, she loves to try out different recipes.
Babu aunty and my Mom watch a lot of cookery shows, the only difference is my Mom watches and does nothing about it(she likes to stick to her Mangalorean dishes), but Babu Aunty heads to the kitchen tries out the recipes.
My Aunt had made these 2 dishes for a party recently.......Mushroom caps and bread pudding ...I just loved it and wanted to try it out.So here it is, thank you for the recipes Babu Aunty.
Print this recipe
- 200 grms Mushroom
- 1 small bunch Spinach (washed and chopped)
- 2 Green chillies (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Wash mushroom and remove the stem .Chop the stems finely.
- Prepare the sauce for filling: Place pan on medium flame, add 2 tbsp butter, when butter melts add garlic and fry for few seconds, add chopped mushroom stems, green chillies and spinach and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Now add Flour and fry for 2 minutes and add milk and keep stirring till the sauce thickens. Add salt and pepper. Take off flame and keep aside.
- Place another pan on medium flame and add 1 tbsp butter, when it melts add the mushroom and little salt, cover and cook till the mushroom is 90 % cooked (5 minutes).remove the mushroom and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- To assemble :place 1 tsp of filling inside the mushroom caps. Place 2 tsp of grated cheese on top of the filling.Pop it in a pre heated oven at 180 degree C till the cheese melts.(microwave can be used)
- Serve as an appetizer.
Note: Instead of cooking the mushroom, you can prick the washed mushroom, apply butter to the mushroom, put the filling and bake in the oven then top with cheese and melt the cheese in the oven (this procedure takes and longer time).
I prefer cooking the mushroom separately, this way I can keep the mushrooms ready for parties and when the guests arrive all I have to do is fill up the mushroom, top it with cheese and bake in the oven or pop it in the microwave to melt the cheese.