Its WEDNESDAY and I have been paired with blogger Laxmi from Samayal Diary. I chose Chilli Paneer from her recipe list. This will be my first Paneer dish on my blog.I have made few changes, made the dish spicy and add other ingredients.
Thank you Laxmi for the recipe .
Sending this recipe to Radhikas Tickling Palates
Print this recipe
- 200 grms Paneer(cubed)
- 1 medium onion (cubed and separate layer)
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 capsicum (cubed)
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp chilly powder
- 3 tsp chilly flakes
- 5 green chilies(slit)
- 3 tbsp oil
- few sprigs spring onion chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- In pan heat oil ,when hot add cubed paneer and fry till golden brown (I have always noticed that fried paneer becomes chewy, I put the fried paneer into hot water and 1 tsp salt for 15 minutes -this way the paneer remains soft), to the same oil I have added cubed capsicum and fried for 2 minutes and kept it aside.You can skip this step.
- In the same pan heat oil and add ginger and garlic, fry for few seconds add onion, green chillies , paneer, capsicum and tomato sauce, soya sauce,green chilli sauce, chilli powder and chilli flakes and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix cornflour with 1 1/2 cup water and pour into the pan and mix well. Stir till the sauce thickens.
- Add salt and sugar . Soya sauce and chilli sauce will have salt content so be careful while adding salt.
- Garnish with spring onion and serve hot with fried rice and noodles.
Sending this to taste of pearl city