Okay to tell you the truth...I did not want to put this up. Not a big fan of greens(I like greens curry though). Iam married I have a two year old daughter ,but my mom still has a hard time making me eat greens.
But my mom insisted I put up something healthy. So GREENS SUKKA everyone for a healthy life.
Print this recipe
- 2 bunches fresh Padpe soppu chopped (thotakura leaves/ Amarnath leaves)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- pinch hing
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic (mashed along with skin)
- 5 curry leaves
- 1 dried red chilly
- 3 green chillies chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger (optional)
- 4tbsp freshly grated coconut
- 3 tsp coconut or sunflower oil
- salt to taste
- Place a deep pan on medium high flame, pour oil, when oil is hot add mustard seeds,when they start popping add urad dal and fry for few seconds till urad dal turns golden brown ,now add hing, curry leaves, red chilli and mashed ginger and garlic ,stir for 30 seconds .
- Now add onion, green chillies and greens.Stir well and add salt. Cover and cook on medium low flame.
- When the greens are almost cooked, sprinkle coconut and mix well cook for a minute.
- Take off the flame and serve with rice and rasam.