I always strongly believe that one should not be afraid of cooking. ......But you know there are few dishes that I am afraid to try out. In the movie Julie Julia., Julie always keep pushing one thing that she was scared of till the end..........'Debone a chicken'.............well I am scared of trying out two things........'Rasmalai' ....and.......'Cheesecake'
Well I made a cheesecake which was amazing.....but I was not scared coz I knew this cheesecake will set and hold shape no matter what (thanks to the gelatin).Its not the one which I had tried and failed miserably , where I used cream cheese(or mascarpone) and whipped cream and hoped like crazy that after 6 hours it will set. I ended up having disintegrated cheesecake (pic at the end)
So I am back to square one ....still afraid to make the original 'CHEESECAKE'
Print this recipe
- 100 grams Digestive biscuits
- 50 gram melted butter
For Cheesecake filling
- 100 ml cream
- 50 grams cottage cheese (paneer)
- 150 ml mango flavored yogurt - Amul Aam Srikhand
- 4 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
Grind digestive biscuits to fine powder in a blender/mixie, add butter and mix well. Transfer to a spring form pan (I used 7 inch, but I would suggest you use a 6 inch pan). Press the mixture evenly on the base of the pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the filling.
- Put cottage cheese (paneer),vanilla and 75 ml cream into a small blender (or use a hand electric mixer) and whip to give volume. Add thick mango yogurt (aam srikhand) and sugar and beat till well combined.
- Dissolve gelatin with remaining 25ml cream and bring to boil till all the gelatin dissolves, add this to the cheesecake mix and beat on high speed to combined all the ingredients.
- Transfer this onto the biscuit base .Tap the tin gently to remove air bubbles.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours. Remove from tin and serve with fresh mango or any other fruit.
Note : If you don't have spring form pan then use any round pan and line with cling film.
My failed...disintegrated .........strawberry cheesecake (for some reason topped with a cherry:)