One of the most simplest snacks ....very few ingredients.....can make it quick.....and tastes great. These Tukdis/Shankerpalli are like - Deep Fried Short Bread Cookies.
This is the sweet version...we also make spicy Tukdis which are thinner than this.My daughter can just munch on this the whole day.
Print this recipe
- 3 1/2(or as needed) cups Flour (Maida)
- 200grms Butter (unsalted and softened)
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- Water to make dough
- Oil to deep fry
- Cream butter and sugar in a bowl till well combined, light and fluffy.
- Add flour (maida) and cardamom powder and combine. A soft but crumbly dough will be formed.
- Now add little water at a time and form a soft dough(you must be able to roll it out easily.)
- Let the dough sit for few minutes.
- Take a big boll of dough roll out like chappatis. Using a pizza cutter cut diagonal strips and then cut horizontally to form diamond shapes.
- Deep fry this in hot oil till they turn golden brown.
- Serve as a tea time snack.