I am always looking out for a diary free......tasty...... Chocolate Cake recipe for my daughter.My girl is not a fussy eater....but I have to be careful...thanks to her diary allergy. Though she is just 3 years old she has understood the fact that milk,cheese and yogurt are no good for her. She voluntarily refuses to eat ice cream,cheese and cream biscuits.....but one thing I just cannot keep her away from are ....CAKES....she just refuses to accept the fact that there is milk in cakes and cream in the frosting.....My heart sinks when we go to birthday parties and she just stares at that cream filled Black Forest cake.....
I am so glad I found this very simple ...yet tasty chocolate cake recipe...and what more its diary free.You won't believe me ...my daughter had more than half of this cake...she could not believe the fact that I let her eat the cake...I think she was scared I will change my mind....she ate all she could. My granny asked her if she can have a small piece and my daughter told her politely... "Ajji ,this cake is only for kids,you go and eat your chakuli"
Recipe from :- Testado,provado and aprovado
Print this recipe
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup Sugar (I used castor sugar)
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1/3 cup Icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder,sifted
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C
- Grease and line with parchment paper an 8 inch round baking pan.Keep aside.
- Sift flour,baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder into a bowl. Add sugar and using a hand whisk mix well.
- Now add oil and lightly beaten egg and whisk little. Add boiling water and whisk till well blended.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or when inserted with a toothpick it comes out clean.
- Prepare the glaze:-Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil.Cook on medium heat for few minutes till the sauce thickens.
- Remove the cake from its pan when its still warm. Pour the hot glaze on the cake and spread it around.