I am always on a look out for appetizer recipes for parties......something simple....quick....and can be prepared hours ahead....Corn cheese balls are just the perfect appetizers and kids will love it.
Devina ......these balls are for you........for not coming back......
Recipe Source:From my heart
Print this recipe
- 1 cup fresh or frozen Corn, cooked till soft in little water
- 100g Paneer, grated
- 3/4 cup Cheese,grated (Cheddar or mozzarella)
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 Green chillies, chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp Red chilli flakes, optional)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup milk
- Breadcrumbs for coating
- Oil for deep frying
- Grind the cooked corn coarsely, transfer into a mixing bowl. Add grated paneer and cheese, green chillies, coriander leaves, flour, cornflour, chilli flakes, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Take a tablespoon of the above mixture and make balls. Toss into the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Bring out the prepared balls, dip them in milk and coat with breadcrumbs.Transfer to the refrigerator for 15minutes.You can prepare this hours ahead.
- Heat oil and deep fry the corn and cheese balls till they turn golden brown.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.