One of my all time favorite breakfast dish.
Print this recipe
For masala grind
- 4 Onion, medium (roughly chopped)
- 8 Kashmiri Chillies (can substitute with red chilli powder)
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds(substitute with coriander powder)
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 5 tbsp Coconut (optional)
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon
1 1/2 cup Chickpea(kabuli channa), soaked in water overnight
2 Tomatoes ,chopped
1 Onion ,chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
3 tbsp Oil
4 tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- Cook chickpeas in 5 cups water in pressure cooker, 3 to 4 whistles. Reserve 1 cup water for the gravy.
- Grind all the ingredients given under 'Masala' to a paste, it should not be very fine.
- Place a vessel on medium flame, pour in the oil, when hot add the chopped onions fry till they turn light brown now add chopped tomatoes and fry till the tomato melts and the oil separates. Now add the ground masala and fry for few more minutes till the oil separates from the masala.
- Add the cooked chickpeas and 1 cup reserved water,or more depending on the desired consistency.Add salt and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and mint leaves
- Serve with puri or chappati .