I seriously don't know why we pay an atrocious price for a glass of iced tea in restaurants.....I mean....its like ...super super simple to make iced tea at home.......having said that...I am still going to have iced tea when I go to a restaurant tomorrow....but.....I am going to think 'Why the hell am I paying so much for this?' and ............. 'I can make better iced tea for sure'
This Iced tea is for Pops....who once walked into a restaurant and ordered for Iced tea without Ice!!!!!!!!!!
- 5 Tea Bags (I used Taj.....wah taj ;)
- 6 cups Water
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemon (small)
- Sugar to taste
- 2 tbsp Mint leaves
- Lemon rings
- 3 cups Ice cube
- Heat 6 cups of water in a big vessel on high flame.When the water comes to a boil,take off the flame and toss in the tea bags. Cover for 3 to 4 minutes (not more than that or the tea will taste bitter).Remove the tea bags and squeeze to remove excess liquid.Discard.
- Transfer the hot black tea into a pitcher or jug. Add sugar,adjust to your taste.Mix till sugar dissolves.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Keep the tea in the refrigerator to chill.
- Just before serving add ice,lemon rings and mint leaves