I may not appreciate my mom much .....I am sometimes rude to her.......I may not hug or kiss her often......I may not say 'thank you' often.......nor do I say 'I love you' often...but I know deep down inside .....she is my SUPERWOMAN and I love her and I will be happy and blessed if years down the lane ...I am at least half the person she is. Happy Birthday Mom (Please don't tell her this...I won't be able to deal with her attitude)
My mom does not like chocolate.....I know she likes pineapple.....I was all set, started preparing for the cake the previous day.....early morning...running around....getting my girl ready to go to school....dropped her....came back....made the basic sponge cake....let it cool....skipped gym...went to pick up my girl from school....slit the cake to two......made syrup...whipped first batch of fresh cream...plopped on the cake... meanwhile cut my finger trying to open the pineapple tin....sprinkled chopped pineapple on the cream(after tending to my wound).....plopped top layer...whipped second batch of cream...took almost 20 minutes to frost the cake almost perfectly....made butter cream icing for decorating......daughter pretending to help me bake but actually being a big pain.....piped the cake with frosting ...all done.....and mom says "I would have preferred pineapple mousse" .......Thank you mom....I wonder where I got that 'Non Appreciating' gene from.
Print this recipe
Recipe source :From my heart
- 105g All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Eggs
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 55ml Boiling Water
- 7g Butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4tsp Pineapple essence (optional)
For Soaking Syrup
- 1/2 cup Syrup from tinned pineapple
- 2tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Rum
- 400ml Fresh Cream
- 6tbsp Icing Sugar
- 450 g tinned pineapple slices
Butter cream frosting (optional)
- 55g Butter,softened
- 4ml Vanilla Extract
- 125g Icing sugar, sifted
- 15ml Milk
- few drops of lemon yellow color
- Grease an 8inch pan and line with baking paper.Keep aside.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree C.
- Sift flour and baking powder.Keep aside.
- Using an electric beater, beat egg and sugar till it turns pale yellow,light and fluffy.
- Fold in the sifted flour, do not over mix.
- Now fold in butter,vanilla,pineapple essence and water and mix slowly till well combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or till done.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes ,remove from pan and cool the cake completely on wire rack.
For Soaking syrup
- Combine sugar and syrup in a small sauce pan and boil till sugar dissolves. Let this cool.
- Add rum.
For whipped cream Filling
- Whip cream and icing sugar till soft peaks are formed.
For Butter cream icing
- Cream butter till light and fluffy.
- Add icing sugar and vanilla and beat on high speed, add enough milk to get smooth and light consistency
- Add color and beat for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the icing bag and set aside till further use.
Assemble the cake
- Cut the cake to two layers.
- Place one layer on cake stand, soak the layer with half of the soaking syrup.
- Cover with cream and top with half of the chopped pineapple
- Place the second layer on top, soak with the remaining syrup.
- Frost the cake with rest of the whipped cream and decorated with chopped pineapple or anyway you desire.
- Pipe the butter cream frosting on the cake.
- Let the cake rest in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.