We cousins are a crazy bunch.....if one zones out....the other one just loves to dance and eat ........one loves to cook and eat.........and our cousin Kooky is one of a kind......apart from her unique feature....her big beautiful ears she is also known to go mad after 11pm and is just crazy about chocolates....what better way to celebrate her birthday by sending her virtual 'Totally Chocolate - Chocolate chip cookies'........and the best part .....'Cookies for Kooky' sounds cool :).....Wish you a very Happy Birthday Kooks....I have wonderful memories with you.....I love your after 11 madness....throwing your leg up in the air and singing ....Yeh jho mohabbat hai.......you are special.........waiting to see you soon.
This post was long due....Neetu, Devs and me wanted to make these cookies for Kooks for long time...Well here it is
My chaddi buddy....only cousin who tolerated me as a child....as described by my sister....Kooksu is our MAD CRAZY ONE....this one may look all quiet and docile from the outside.....but do not go by her looks...she is a mad wild cat!!!!!(Literally.....she uses her long sharp nails to scratch your eyes out)....So here is a little dedication to our Chocoholic Kooksu ....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!....hope you have a great year ahead"
Growing up I always knew that Kooky Akka,most of the time,was in her own little world! Little did I know that I would one day end up to be a zoner out like her! Sounds shady but I mean zoning out in the most innocent way! People think we are big thinkers but honestly we are probably just wondering if we can sleep standing up! Happy birthday Kooky akkaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! I hope you had an amzing birthday and have an awesome year ahead....Keep zoning out :) "
Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies - Nigella Lawson
Print this recipe
- 125 g Dark Chocolate
- 150g All purpose flour (Maida)
- 30g Cocoa
- 1tsp Soda bi carbonate
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125g Butter, softened
- 75g Light brown sugar
- 50g White Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cold Egg
- 200g Semi Sweet Chocolate chips(we mixed white chocolate chips and semi sweet chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 170 degree C.Line baking sheet with parchment paper.Set aside.
- Melt 125g dark chocolate over double boiler or in a microwave.
- Sift flour,soda bi carbonate, cocoa powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl cream butter,brown sugar and white sugar till light,smooth and fluffy.
- Add melted chocolate and mix together.
- Now add vanilla extract and cold egg and beat till well combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chip and stir.
- Using an ice cream scoop,scoop out the cookie dough and place on the prepared baking sheet 6 cms apart,don't flatten the dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes,test by inserting a toothpick and it should come out semi clean and not wet batter.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in cookie jar or air tight container.