Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Alana - Love you


Happy Birthday Alana

Took two months break from blogging......and what better way to get back .....my nieces first birthday cake....sending a virtual cake for my lovely Alana, wish we could be there with you....can't wait to hold you and Rini can't wait to play 'Big Sister'......miss you and love you

Love : Ajja.....Doda....Mimi......Mama and ....Rini


Okay.....down with the ugly truth.....this is my first and LAST fondant cake......for months I have been planning for this cake....wanted to make a cute pink and blue fondant cake for my princess Alana.....something very special for my special niece......hmmmmm problem.......my knowledge on fondant was close to 'ZERO'....but  I had to give it a shot.....Baking the cake was.....Cakewalk ......but  when I got down to working with the fondant......like seriously....I rather bake 100 simple cakes....I was so exhausted in the end....I seriously have no patience to type the recipe....but I made my Eggless chocolate cake....you can also use ready-made cake mix and simple buttercream icing to frost the cake..... and you want any tips on fondant.....please don't ask me :).......I rather stick to my simple looking ...warm....homely cakes......(maybe that's just my excuse for not having a creative gene in me :) 

9 comments:

  1. loved the color combo.. those colorful beads are my fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think when it comes to fondant you either can do it or you can't. I am a can't too. Give me some butter cream any day of the week.
    I think it is a gift to work with that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very girly n super prefect fondant cake, my birthdya wishes to Alana..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need the Fondant recipe plsssssssss hahahhahahahah , you don't have to be a born creative person you are a mastered creative person one who learns through trial and error ... You cant let this be out of your glossary... try maadi pls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Typing for the 2nd time...sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    Anyways I need the Fondant recipe plssssss.. hahahhaha , you don't need to be born creative you are a "Mastered Creative Person" one who learns through trial and error.. You can't let this be out of your glossary , go ahead and do it ... I'm waiting :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't mind working with fondant but the fact is that most people (including my husband) hate the chewy texture and sickeningly sweet taste of fondant, so I don't like putting in the extra bit of effort for fondant cakes, even though look lovely. I love your choice of colours for this cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow its lovely cake color combination is excellent.........

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cake looks so beautiful and yummy. stunning photo of the cake!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...