Iam so fed up saying "this is one of my favorite desserts"...for every dessert I post....So lets get one thing straight....I am absolutely crazzy and in love with DESSERTS......so from now, I am not going to use the sentence "this is one of my favorite desserts".....coz now you know....and I cannot help it.....its in the genes....the whole family loves desserts...I am not sure how our 'Dessert loving gene' has passed on to our maid Kamala.....coz she loves desserts too....and actually ate a big chunk of this cheesecake.....we all kept wondering where the last piece disappeared .
Print this recipe
- 25 Marie Biscuits
- 113 g Butter, melted
for Cheesecake - Recipe Adapted from - Deeba Rajpals Passionate about Baking
- 800 ml Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Strawberry crush
- 200 ml Cream (I used Amul trtra pack)
- 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
- 11/2 tbsp gelatin
- 1/4 cup Cold Milk
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Fresh Strawberries
- Hang the curds in a muslin cloth overnight in refrigerator.
- Crush marie biscuits in a blender or ziploc bag. Mix with melted butter.Transfer into an 8 inch spring form or pie pan and press the mixture firmly with your hand or back of a spoon or ramekin, extend the base to the sides of the pan. Set in the freezer till further use.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold milk and place in a vessel with hot water till the liquid is clear and all the gelatin is dissolved.
- Whip the 200ml cream till medium soft peaks are formed and place in the refrigerator till further use.
- In a blender or using a hand whisk, blend together the hung curd, strawberry crush and icing sugar till smooth and add in the gelatin liquid and blend well.Now fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared biscuit base and spread evenly.
- Place in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours or overnight till the cheesecake sets.
- Served with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.